03 June 2012

Rainy Day in Springfield

Dear Dr. Bones,

 Paddy’s e-arthritis is acting up again.  Must be the weather.



Rainy day in Springfield

(( fold here ))

Paddy O’2139 reads in my sole-surviving home-away-from-hometown newspaper that noble Godzilla taught evil Bambi a lesson on Saturday that she, the latter, should not soon forget:
Warren Fends Off Party Challenger in Massachusetts Race ... KATHARINE Q. SEELYE ... display of political muscle ... overwhelmingly won ... pushed Ms. DeFranco aside ... "not as if anybody pushed anybody off the ballot" ... “snuffed out”... lopsided victory ... “the very thorough slap-down of a candidate" ... "not backing down ... [because never planned] to fold up the first time I got punched" ... HUGE CHEER ... aggressive steps ... a new defiance ... "“I don’t care what they throw at me ... I will stand my ground" ....
Meanwhile, down amidst the bright lites of Bigcity, the Boston (NY) Globe has finally arrived at a just estimate of all those goodvolks up in New Iceland who pay to get at it, assuming that they will probably need to be told in which state exotic, unheard-of ‘Lynn’ is located. The mobile goodvolks, that is.

(( I believe it was the late Whittaker Chambers who wasted a lot of time wondering how one could tell whether one lives at the beginning of a new Dark Age. R. I. P. ))

Happy days.

Ah, here it is:

Happy days.
--JHM

No comments:

Post a Comment