24 April 2012

The "Total Lie" Problem, Viewed from the Virtual Outside


Dear Dr. Bones,

Brad an' Buddy



Anybody aspiring to labour in vaine could not do better than try to get our blue-hilled Classmates to think a little about how they look to proles and plebes and the Herald of Louisedayhicksville. Accordingly, I sing the next little ditty for the Muses and for you, sir:

Back in Ye Goode Olde Dayes,

 (( fold here ))

nobility and gentry and intelligènti, if we had any yet, used to speak French at table rather than the local vernacular so as to avoid this sort of spectacular show of Class unsolidarity.

¿What are the poor servants to make of their Betters going at one another hammer and sickle and "Only one problem ... it's a total lie"?

In the blessèd name of Intellectual Foundation, Paddy McTammany implores Your Worships to take care. Think of 1789, of 1917, of 1968!

¡¡Think of 1994, for Pete’s sake!!


===
What Eye have written, I have written, but it does rather give the impression that I take ‘bradm’ for a proper Blue Blazer, a mistake that would be inexcusable after his freelordship went far, far out of the way to make it clear [*] that he is affiliated rather to the ever-victorious


WhightGuard Officers Mess
(( WhightGuard Officers Mess ))


Happy days.
--JHM

_____
[*]
bradm

From The BlueMassGroup rules: We have found that commentators who disclose their real names are in general more likely to be constructive than those who are anonymous. We encourage users to add their real name, profession, age, the jurisdiction where they vote, and conflicts of interest to their profile.

My name is Brad Marston. My firm acts as campaign consultants to Republican candidates and am in my early fifties. I live on Beacon Hill. My congressman is Stephen Lynch. My State Senator is Anthony Petruccelli and my State Representative is Martha "Marty" Walz. My district City Councillor is Mike Ross. I ran against Representative Walz in 2010 and lost by a wider margin than Mac D'Allesandro lost to Stephen Lynch. Throughout the 2010 campaign I posted here at BlueMassGroup and while few here agreed with my positions, I was generally applauded for not only posting but actually engaging with people by coming back and commenting and discussing.

I am a fiscal, small government conservative and social moderate who believes that abortion should be legal and that all citizens should be equally protected and have the same rights under our Constitution. My political and professional affiliations are listed below. Chairman - Boston Ward 5 Republican Committee Treasurer - Boston Republican City Committee Partner and Co-Founder of FourTier Strategies, LLC

Person #7902: 1 Posts | Recommended: 0 times


"Yes, fine, sure -- but ¿where is the birth certificate?"

It kinda spoils one's sport to have the O. B. done for one, and boxed, and shrinkwrapped, like that.

Plus maybe there is a little too much of it. Paddy and Eye need only about thirty keystrokes, though of course as indolent moochers, we took the liberty of linking. His freelordship seems not to keep a blog all his own, but may be e-ncountered to some extent over to here.


No comments:

Post a Comment